What type of jazz type music is good for kids?
It depends on the style of jazz you are teaching, the phrases you are choreographing, the dances you are making.
Any time I hear a “jazzy” tune, I make a note of it and add it to my compilation.
Here are some that have caught my attention…
- “Twisted” by Lambert, Hendricks and Ross
- “Yellow Moon” by the Neville Brothers
- Various tracks by Joe Zawinul and Weather Report (e.g. “Birdland”)
- Various tracks by Pat Methany
- Various tracks from “Comparsa” (an album by Deep Forest)
What are you using?